Best Bagless Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair Cleanups that Won't Break the Bank
Having a pet means dealing with a lot of hair, dander, skin, fur, feathers, and other kinds of debris scattered on the floor and furniture.
Most of the time, they're also hard to get out, especially if you're not using the right appliance for cleaning.
This is why, as a pet owner, I strongly urge other animal parents to get the best bagless upright vacuums for pet hair as these products are guaranteed to help you keep your place spic and span despite the constant shedding and messes of your pets.
These cleaning tools will guarantee quick cleanups, so you can spend more free time with your little ones.
How to Choose the Best Bagless Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
If there's one thing that you should know about vacuum cleaners, it is that not all of them are equal. Not all of them will do a good job of removing pet hair in your rugs, carpets, or furniture. As hair has the tendency to get stuck and cling to places, getting them out can be a pain.
So, when you begin looking for the best vacuum that will help you deal with pet hair, here are some things you ought to closely consider:
The vacuum's suction is the most important thing to look into when searching for a handy tool to help you clean after your pets. Some vacuums might be able to pick up dust and other things easily, but might have problems with pet hair. If your vacuum's main purpose is to clean up pet hair, you should remember these things about the unit's suction strength:
- Powerful suction combined with effective tools that will aid in picking up pet hair.
- No-loss suction feature to ensure quality performance.
- It should also provide great suction strength on other surfaces because it's likely that you don't only vacuum to get rid of pet hair but also other kinds of dirt as well. Especially if you're getting a full sized upright vacuum, finding one that does a great cleaning job for all kinds of surfaces is still the most ideal.
A great vacuum cleaner for pet hair should also have an excellent filtration system, especially if you're planning to get a bagless unit. This way, homeowners can be sure that there are no airborne allergens left in their homes that can cause asthma attacks and allergies.
HEPA filtration systems are some of the most popular filter systems in vacuum cleaners today, so make sure that the unit you'll go for is equipped with this technology.
When it comes to vacuums, how they look also matters as it can easily determine a number of important things. Some of which are the following:
- Big and bulky vacuums can have bigger dirt chambers, which will let you suck in more dirt. These units large capacity for dirt will allow you to empty them out less often and provide longer vacuum sessions. It offers efficiency, as having to dump the dirt after finishing every furniture or two can be a major nuisance.
- Your upright vacuum's weight also matters greatly as it can determine how easy it can be to use. Heavier vacuums will prove to be a challenge to move around, so make sure to opt for something lighter and more maneuverable.
- Whether your vacuum has a cord or not should also matter. It will depend on your preferences, though, but I prefer corded ones as they ensure continuous power. Make sure the power cord is long as well, so you don't have to switch outlets every few minutes.
If the main purpose of your search for a new vacuum cleaner is to pick up pet hair around the house, then attachments are highly important for you. Make sure that your unit will include the following:
- Upholstery brush so you can easily pick up hair and other kinds of dirt in furniture.
- Revolving brush comes in some units and it makes removing long and engrained hair from upholstery, carpets, and other surfaces.
- Some vacuum cleaners also come with a soft nozzle that effectively picks up hair in various kinds of surfaces.
- Crevice tools are great for picking up balls in hard to reach areas.
Sometimes the attachments are the key to easily clean a space with a vacuum cleaner. Pair it with great suction strength and you'll get a great appliance for cleaning up the home you share with fur babies.
Recommended Product Reviews
Knowing what to look for in a good bagless upright vacuum cleaners for pet hair is not enough to help you find the best vacuum cleaner for picking up pet hair. So, to make sure you actually find a superb one, here are some top notch product recommendations:
1. Bissell Aeroswift Compact Bagless Upright Vacuum
Let's start off with an excellent upright vacuum, the Bissell Aeroswift. Compact in design and is bagless with an easy to clean dirt bin, this appliance is also very affordable.
While it is not made for the sole purpose of cleaning up pet hair, pet owners will attest to the great job it can do. With its rotating turbo brush tool and 7 amp motor, it's able to pick up hair and other kinds of dirt stuck in upholstery, carpets, and rugs.
Lightweight at just 12 lbs and with a 30 foot power cord, this vacuum cleaner is also easy to use. It also comes with a crevice tool, an extension wand, dusting brush and upholstery brush to help you clean different surfaces more effectively.
Even the dirt bin is easy to clean with its bottom opening, so there's no more need to tilt and handle the suctioned dirt.
2. BISSELL CleanView 9595a Bagless Upright Vacuum
I initially liked this Bissell CleanView because it's pretty modern looking. It screams technology with its curves and sharp lines. But what makes it more awesome is its great performance.
With the OnePass Technology that offers powerful and nonstop suction with its unique brush design and a cyclonic system that will ensure long lasting suction.
it is guaranteed to effectively pick up pet hair and other surface debris around your home.
This Bissell vacuum cleaner is also very easy to use. As it is bagless, all you need to do to empty is dirt bin is to remove the Bottom Easy Empty Dirt Tank, hold it above a trash bin and press the opening at the bottom of the container and you're all good to go. With its 25-foot power cord, you also won't have a hard time maneuvering around the house.
3. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum
The Oreck is one of the most famous vacuum cleaner brands in the market today.
While this one is a bagged variety, this Oreck Commercial upright vacuum is still noteworthy if you're having a hard time in cleaning your pet's messes. What I love the most about it is its weight.
At 8 lbs, it's perfectly easy to lug around the house and clean more areas.Another noteworthy thing about this vacuum cleaner is its exclusive Helping Hand Handle which was awarded the Ease of Use Commendation by the Arthritis Foundation.
To make it even simpler to operate, the on and off switch is actually found on the handle, so you don't have to fumble around the vacuum's body to turn it on or off.
As it is a commercial grade vacuum cleaner, you can count on its great suction strength. It can also handle both carpeted and hard floors. However, it doesn't have a hose to help you clean other surfaces, so you might need an extra handheld unit with this vacuum cleaner.
4. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus Bagless Upright
Hoover is another reliable vacuum cleaner brand that you can always turn to when searching for a great performing unit for your home.
This mode, the WindTunnel T Series Rewind Plus, is a powerful bagless vacuum cleaner that is sturdy and offers great suction strength. It can pickup pet hair with great ease as well as a series of other surface debris
With an adjustable height, 27 foot retractable power cord, rinse-clean filter, 13.5 inch path, permanent HEPA filter, and useful additional attachments, cleaning with this appliance is such a breeze.
5. BISSELL 1330 CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum
For a reasonably priced and powerful bagless upright vacuum, another option is the Bissell 1330.
This unit has excellent suction strength that will help you get rid of pet hair and other surface debris in just one go with its OnePass Technology.
It also has a TurboBrush Tool that makes picking up pet hair quicker and more effective, giving you thorough results at every use.
Utilizing this unit is also perfectly easy. It has a Bottom Easy Empty Dirt Tank so you can empty your dirt bin quicker. It also has a washable foam tank filter so you don't have to replace it every so often. It also comes with a crevice tool that is built into the extension wand, so you don't have to lose parts as the years go by.
Having pets means extra responsibilities and chores. It doesn’t mean, however, that you should have a hard time caring for your furry friend. The best bagless upright vacuum for pet hair is just waiting for you to discover it.
Take heed of my advice and start with the product recommendations I’ve dished out so you can quickly find the right cleaning appliance for your home.